Veterans Assistance Programs in Colorado Springs, CO
Four Main Points of Aid and Attendance Eligibility:1. Military Service
- Veteran must have served 90 days of active duty with at least one day during period of war.
- Must have anything but dishonorable discharge.
- Claimant must currently need assistance from another person with daily living activities.
- Daily living activities can include eating, bathing, dressing, walking, and cognitive impairment.
- Claimant must currently be spending the majority of their income on care expenses.
- How much of their income they spend on care determines how much of the benefit they will receive; up to the maximum amount.
- The claimant’s assets must be below an amount determined by the VA.
- The amount of assets that a claimant is allowed to have is determined by their age and financial need.
What This Benefit Can do for You:
It allows you more financial flexibility when deciding on the most appropriate care for your needs.
- You can now afford more home care or the community of your choice.
- The benefit will be paid monthly and will never need to be paid back as long as you maintain eligibility.
- Like Social Security, this benefit is dependable and is paid directly to you by the United States Treasury.
- This benefit is also tax free.
Our Commitment To In-Home Care
At Amada Senior Care, Colorado Springs we are passionate about enriching lives by providing outstanding care in a nurturing environment. We pay attention to the little details and focus on all aspects of our clients wellbeing so they can thrive physically, mentally and emotionally. We also educate families on the different options available for assisted living and care homes.
"Making a difference while serving others is what we are all about," says Ken. "As we help seniors we also enrich the lives of their families and loved ones, of our caregivers and indeed our own. What could be better than that?"
When Ken began looking into senior care, he quickly realized he derives a deep sense of fulfillment from helping people who cannot help themselves. He knew that in this field, he could make a significant improvement in the lives of seniors and could not be happier doing what he loves best helping others.